Prepare now for Fireworks season
Posted on 2022-09-14 07:48:55
With Diwali starting on 24 October, and Guy Fawkes the following week, we offer these tips to help keep pets safe during fireworks season.
- Make sure pets are microchipped or wearing ID tags, so you can be reached if they go missing.
- If possible, keep dogs and cats inside during the height of the celebrations . . . and stay home with them.
- Close the windows, curtains and blinds.
- Allow dogs and cats to hide under the bed or wherever they feel safe.
- If you cannot be at home, leave the radio or TV on to distract them with familiar sounds, or consider hiring a pet sitter to keep them company.
- Give them a chew treat or interesting toy to take their minds off the noise.
- If your pet has high levels of anxiety and fear, ask your vet to prescribe anti- anxiety medication, or try a herbal remedy such as alcohol free Rescue.