COVID-19 Update: We are here for the animals
Posted on 2020-03-27 09:28:01
Our SPCA is closed to the public. However, all animals here will be taken care of as usual. We have a dedicated team (pictured above with our General Manager, Caroline Smith) who will be living at our premises during lockdown to care for the animals and assist with emergencies.
Mattresses and groceries have been supplied through generous donations from the public. If you are able to support them with a monetary donation towards food supplies, it would be most appreciated!
Please note the following changes to normal services:
- All sterilisations and other non-essential surgeries will be rescheduled for after the lockdown. Our clinic will contact pet owners to reschedule existing bookings.
- Our veterinary services will be available for emergencies only. Please call: 083 661 0997
- Our Inspectorate will respond to animal related emergencies/rescues, please call our emergency number: 083 212 6103
- Dog boarding facilities will be unavailable during this period.
- The following departments will be closed: Charity Shops (Springfield and Ballito), Adoptions, Collection of second hand items, Marketing, Coffee Cats Café
- All events during this period have been cancelled or postponed: Book Sales, Market Day, Bridge Morning
- Our Phoenix branch will be CLOSED during the 21 day lockdown.
We need your support now more than ever during this difficult time, in order to keep our services running. If you are able, please make a donation today. Our animals thank you. Stay safe.
Please note: We do not allow fostering of animals.